Windswept Castle Airbnb in Asheville NC | My Overnight Stay
I Stayed in a Castle Airbnb in Asheville NC 🏰 Windswept Castle
I spent the night in a castle. My neighbor was a spaceship. And there was a little wizard village nearby.
Asheville really said, pick your adventure. 😂
I found Windswept Castle on Airbnb. It’s one of 20 unique stays at Earth & Sky Dwellings in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and getting to spend a night in a castle was pretty hard to pass up. Come along with me for a look inside, the little details I loved, and exactly what my overnight stay cost.
🏰 Windswept Castle at a glance
Where: Earth & Sky Dwellings near Asheville, North Carolina
Sleeps: 4 guests
Beds: 2 queen beds, one downstairs and one in the upstairs loft
Bathrooms: 1 full bathroom and 1 half bathroom
My overnight total: $360
The sleeping setup and amenities are listed on the property’s website.
🏰 Come on in
The first things I noticed were the vaulted ceilings and that amazing chandelier. It feels grand when you walk through the door, but the living room is still cozy enough to kick up your feet and watch a movie.
There are old chests, rustic furniture, and even a wolf scepter on the wall. Then I noticed the little peepholes in the door, which reminded me of The Wizard of Oz when someone pokes their head out at the gates of the Emerald City.
Obviously, I had to peek outside. Very official castle business. 😂
🌄 The view stole the show
You can see the mountains from the kitchen, the loft, and the bedroom, but the balcony is where I really wanted to stop and take it all in.
The Blue Ridge Mountains stretch out in front of you, and later in the evening there were still those orangey sunset colors off to the side. Once it got dark, I could see lights down toward Asheville, too.
My favorite part of the stay? Those mountain views. I could look at them all day.
🛏️ What’s actually inside
There’s a queen bed in the bedroom downstairs and another queen bed in the loft upstairs. The loft overlooks the living space, so that’s worth knowing if you prefer an enclosed bedroom.
The full bathroom is off the downstairs bedroom, and there’s also a half bathroom by the living room. I loved the rustic shower walls and the stonework on the shower floor. Everything looked so clean during my stay, and that soft blanket on the bed definitely got my attention.
The kitchen has a refrigerator, microwave, and a two burner cooktop, plus a little breakfast nook with seating for two. The hosts ask guests to keep cooking light, and there’s no oven, so I’d plan simple meals or head into Asheville for food.
🐸 A little wizard village right nearby
Mystic Village is also on the property. I walked around as it was getting dark, and the string lights and little storefronts gave me serious Harry Potter vibes. It reminded me of a tiny Diagon Alley.
The names alone are fun:
🐸 The Tipsy Toad
🧹 Broomsticks & Mercantile
📚 The Crooked Spine
🦉 The Owl & Quill Post
🧪 Pennywhistle’s Potion Parlour
🌿 Silverthorn Apothecary
These are themed overnight rentals, with the shop names and window displays as part of the setting. I loved looking at the little details, especially the apothecary bottles and the letters in the post window.
And The Tipsy Toad? With a name like that, of course I had to hop by. 🐸😂
🔥 A fire pit, a tree chair, and a spaceship
Outside the castle, I spotted a fire pit and an amazing chair carved from a tree. I love that someone took a tree and turned it into something that cool.
The fire pit had me thinking about s’mores and hot doggies. Although maybe castle hot doggies need a slightly fancier name. Royal franks? I’m working on it. 😂
And yes, there really is a spaceship stay on the property. Seeing it from the castle made the whole place feel even more fun to explore.
💰 What I paid
My overnight stay total was $360.
That was the grand total for my overnight visit, as I shared in the video. Prices depend on your dates, so check the listing for the current total.
For me, the views were the biggest reason I’d recommend this stay. The castle details and Mystic Village added plenty to explore, but those mountains were the part I kept coming back to.
📍 A few things to know before booking
The listing places it about 10 minutes north of downtown Asheville.
Check in is at 4 p.m. and check out is at 10 a.m.
There are stairs to reach the loft bed.
This particular dwelling doesn’t allow pets.
See Windswept Castle and current availability · Airbnb listing
🎥 Come along for the full castle tour
I show you around the living room, kitchen, bedrooms, balcony, and Mystic Village in the video. You can get a much better feel for the layout and all those little details by coming along with me.
▶ Watch my full castle tour on YouTube
Castle, wizard cottage, or spaceship... which one would you pick? Tell me in the comments! 🏰🧙🚀
Thanks for coming along on another adventure with me. Subscribe to CoreniaBug for unique places to stay, fun things to do, and a few wonderfully cheesy jokes along the way. 💛
Comments
Post a Comment